Rheingau & Middle Rhine Valley: on the road in hiking wonderland
From the Rheinsteig hiking trail to the Riesling trail – a hiker's paradise
A perfectly expanded network of hiking trails is accessible from Lorch. The "Rheinsteig" is only a few metres away. The same applies to the Rhine castles and "Rheinhöhenweg". Are you a Riesling fan? Then we recommend the "Rieslingpfad". And then the new "Wisper Trails" is also there – so lace up your hiking boots and let's be off.
Today hiking is one of the popular leisure activities of Germans. But what some consider hiking is for others more like a leisurely coffee party. Good news to all of you: We in the Rheingau can satisfy the needs of both mountaineers and hiking fans. If you don't want to lose time or don't have a vehicle, to control starting points that are further away, lace up your hiking boots and start straight from the hotel.
Ready to go hiking? Services for our hotel guests
- Hiking pharmacy
- Space for temporarily storing and drying hiking boots and clothing
- Weather information
- Hiking breakfast: rich in vitamins and carbohydrates
- „Sandwich break“ lunchbox
- Accommodation of hiking guests – short-term, even for just one night
- Information on hiking routes in the vicinity from our team
- Provision and sale of regional hiking maps
- Information on rail and bus timetables and ship and ferry options
- Advice on booking in reference to an environmentally-friendly check-in and check-out with public transport
- Luggage transfer from the last and/or to the next accommodation (after advance booking)
- Bring and collect service from the Lorch train station for hiking guests (after advance booking)
- „Hiking board“ with currrent information
- Distribution/sale of hiking accessories (shoelaces, walking sticks, socks, rain capes, sunscreens, etc.)
- Free car park for temporary storage of vehicles during a hiking tour of several days
The Riesling Trail
The Riesling Trail leads past castle ruins, castles and monasteries, through world-famous vineyards and wine villages of the Rheingau. Refreshments are available at winemakers with their famous Riesling wines and regional specialties. The 120 km long path leads over mountain trails and through vineyards with breathtaking views of the Father Rhine.
On the left side of the Rhine, the RheinBurgenWeg runs 200 km along the Rhine through the unique cultural landscape from the Rolandsbogen near Remagen to the Mäuseturm near Bingen. By ferry from Lorch to Niederheimbach you cross the Rhine River and start the hiking tour in the direction of Trechtingshausen.
Hiking 320 km through the UNESCO Rhine Valley - that is unique! The trails are perfectly signposted.
Directly from the hotel on two of the most beautiful stages.
In the 15th anniversary year of the Rheinsteig 2020 we offer a special Jubliläums-Spezial:
"World Heritage Hiking" on the Rheinsteig! Here's the arrangement
The Klostersteig (Abbey Trail) is a wonderful hiking trail through the Rheingau and leads past many historic monasteries. Starting from the Eberbach Monastery near Eltville via various stations to St. Mary's Church to Rüdesheim-Aulhausen. If you have a good condition, you can do the climb in one day.
Lots of information is recorded in a pilgrim's booklet (to be obtained at Kloster Eberbach).
The new Wisper Trails includes a total of 14 round hiking trails and a 44-kilometer long route.
With the certification of the German Hiking Institute "Premium Hiking in Wispertaunus" now officially becomes reality. Where the two natural areas of Wispertal and Taunus meet, there is an almost untouched hiking area.
On the way to happiness
Exactly 9.3 kilometers, the trail "Rhein-Wisper-Glück" leads lucky seekers through a world of wonders. "This circular route offers great views over the Rhine Valley, which accompany the hiker over long distances and constantly changing," it says on the website of the German Hiking Institute. Quaint forests, dry stone walls, heat-loving vegetation, old vineyards and cultural and historical treasures, such as the castle ruine “Nollig”, are right on the path. Ninety percent of the way is nature's path and make your feet happy.
Hiking in the world heritage is pure wellbeing.
Hiking on the Rheinsteig Trail
Hikers from all around the world are of the same opinion: The Rheinsteig hiking trail is a jewel among hiking trails. You can discover the Upper…
Hiking & Wellness
Welcome to the hiking paradise! Whether comfortable or demanding - those who like to hike will find ideal conditions here! You spend the night…